Shooting at Local Park 6/12/19 @ 1930 hrs.

APD is on the scene of a Shooting at Neatherwood Park. This is on Morrow Street in the area of Indian School and Girard.
The Victim is a Male suffering from a Gun Shot Wound to the Head.
AFR has been Dispatched however witness’s on the scene advise the Victim was Transported to the Hospital by Privite Conveyance.
Witnesses further advise this was Resulting from a Road Rage incident. Possibly involving a Red Sedan snd a Black Sedan, Both seen S/B on Princeton Street.
This is still a Very Active Scene in the Early Stages of Investigation so information is still coming in.
MT Klassen
ABQ METRO NEWS

2000 hrs. Update on Shooting.
Unconfirmed Sources have advised this most Likely will become a Homicide. Although we’re waiting for official Notification.
MT Klassen
ABQ METRO NEWS

1 Like

Is this live or ? Its not on the news now at 9. I dont hear anything on the scanner…

1 Like

@cts512 Looks like it was about an hour ago. @MTKlassen posts as he hears it on the scanner.

I am always suprised by how much news Mike posts about that is never on the news. He also listens to five scanners at once, which should earn him a spot on Ripley’s Believe it or Not, but I had no idea there were so many frequencies with news in Albuquerque until I saw him in action. There is a whole lot happening in Albuquerque that no one ever knows about because there are so many scanner frequencies and so few local news stations reporting real news.

1 Like

2130 hrs. Update on Park Shooting;
I am presently at Neatherwood Park where despite a Few APD Officers, Everything Appears Normal. i spoke to several People here and so far, No one seems to kbow anything.
Additionally, I did Speak to several APD. Officers who were equally as Baffled. All Accounts idicate that the Shooting did in Fact Occur here at Neatherwood Park.
The Victim is at UNMH Hospital where he is undergoing Surgery. Sources at the Hospital have tokd me the Victim suffered Extensive Head Trsma and is not expected to recover from his Wounds which were All Gun Shot Wounds to the Head.
The Investigation is Ongoing and when more information becomes available i will pass it on to you.
From Neatherwood Park.
MT Klassen
ABQ METRO NEWS

5 Likes

Amazing reporting, Mike.

1 Like

2230 hrs. Update on Park Shooting.
I am at an Undisclosed Location where APD Homicide Detectives along with the Mobile Crime Lab are meeting Refrence the Shooting that may have taken Place at Neatherwood Park.
At this time APD is Not Releasing any information.
MT Klassen
ABQ METRO NEWS

2 Likes

https://www.kob.com/albuquerque-news/man-listed-in-critical-condition-after-suffering-gunsot-wound/5387784/?cat=500