From the News Desk 6/4/19 @ 2100 hrs MST

Hi One & All,
I thought I’d give a little Look into what goes on in Bringing You, Late Breaking News.
1st of All,
I currently have between 5 and 8 Different Radio Scanners going at All Times.
Each Scanner has 5 to 7 Banks of Programed Channel’s. Each Bank Consists of 10 Channel’s.
Now That’s a Whole Lot of Chatter going on at one time.
Now, To make things even more interesting, Each Channel Allocation is Designated to a Particular Agency. For Example;
APD has roughly 10 to 15 Different Frequencies that can be Monitored. This doesn’t include Channels like Narcotics, Intelligence, Etc. Which are Extremely Difficult, More or Less Impossible to Monitor.
The same is True for BCSO, NMSP, BCFD, and AFR to name a few.
In Addition, There are 10 Different Medical Channels for Ambulance to Hospital Communications. 4 Additional Frequencies for Air Ambulance, Life Guard, Etc.
That’s Not even Close to Everything. When You include Surronding Counties and Jurisdictions there’s More.
At any given Time, There csn be 5 to 10 Calls that reach the Level of BREAKING NEWS and TRAFFIC.
So There you have it Folks,
A. Glimpse into what we do in order to Get Late Breaking News out Accurately, Factually, and Consistently First.
Thank You for Your Continued Support.
MT Klassen
ABQ METRO NEWS

2 Likes

Thanks for all that you do, Mike! I find it all very fascinating and super informative. :heart:

1 Like

Hello all, I am Mike’s sidekick and tech support nerd. Feel free to call me “nerd”, “admin nerd”, “Mike’s side kick”, “Thing One”, or “Egon Spengler”. I do my best to keep up with Mike, but he goes to sleep listening to the scanner and wakes up listening to the scanner, so he is hard to keep up with. Drop me a line if you have questions about this website, how to use it, what you would like to see added, or anything else technical. Drop Mike a line if you want to ask questions, provide tips, or just discuss crime, scanners, or news.

1 Like

Thank You D for All You do in Keeping us on the Air. Without your Technical Genius and Forsight

1 Like